Question:
What is the difference between melody, harmony and tempo?
Gorkem
2010-11-13 10:34:27 UTC
I have an assignment due next week about music analysis. Even if I have had researched about this topic, I have been still having hard times to understand those concepts. So, my question is that when I listen a music, how do I know that part is melody and the other parts are harmony and tempo? How can I differentiate between each other? Also, it's asking me how many melodies are there? So, How do I count how many melodies there are. What are the effects of melody and harmony on listener in music?
Three answers:
?
2010-11-13 10:46:26 UTC
melody is a group of notes played one after the other, it is the tune. It's often the easiest part of the music to remember, the part of the hum.

Harmony is also a group of notes, except these notes are played behind the melody, it supports the melody and gives the music texture or mood. you can change how a piece of music sounds by changing only the harmony. The same melody will sound different if you play it with one harmony or another.

Tempo is the speed of the music. its a steady constant pulse, like a clock ticking. Tempo can be slow or fast
Susan
2016-04-22 19:37:52 UTC
As per English Dictionary Fate means........An event (or a course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future. Destiny means...An event (or a course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future. So these are two different words having same meanings. So far as the concept of fate or destiny is concerned it is illogical and thus wrong. How can we be punished here or in the life hereafter for any of our wrong doings if it has already been decided by God how the events will happen? Why should I be hanged for the murder of a human when it is already decided that I will murder him and I can't change God's will. Why should I exert if it has been decided that I shall get this and shall not get that? In fact we are sent here with the capabilities and freedom of choice to do good as well as bad. We are told what is right and wrong. We are also told what God wants from us. Thus it a test we are sent here to take. The test is whether we use our capabilities according to or against the will of God. As every test is followed by a result so we shall be rewarded for our doings. This is what we are created for.
Teddy B
2010-11-13 10:42:48 UTC
A melody is is a linear succession of musical tones which is perceived as a single entity.

Tempo is the speed that you are playing at.

And harmony is the use of simultaneous pitches.