Question:
Is it possible to do ballet for many years and yet not go on pointe?
2006-02-19 10:24:33 UTC
i love ballet but i dont want to go on pointe...
Six answers:
fallencupid79
2006-02-19 10:29:40 UTC
There are several professional dancers even in NYC ballet who do dances with regular ballet shoes. If you don't want to go on point that is fine too--you can also try a different dance like jazz, modern or even tap that you may like as well.

Teachers generally like to put their students on point when they (the teacher) feels that they have been trained lng enough and their ankles are strong enough as well.
dancingwillies
2006-02-22 07:38:54 UTC
Yes there really is no need for any pointe training unless you plan to have a career in ballet. Many students just dance for fun so why stress your toes unless you plan to do something with them?
dance_chica_2005
2006-02-21 09:39:15 UTC
there is no need to for pointe training, unless you are planning on dancing professionally... i have many students who take ballet and jsut aren't into pointe and that's okay
itsmyisland777
2006-02-19 10:28:50 UTC
yeah. but I'd do it if I were you. Sure, it hurts and makes your feet ugly, but most dancers think it's worth it.
Monica
2006-02-19 10:27:13 UTC
without a doubt, its a personal choice.
Kasey